We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our Space & Technology team.
The primary role of the successful candidate will be to develop and support software within our projects with the European Space Agency, which include the development of ground processing chains in the field of Earth Observation, typically under Linux operating systems. These are most frequently developed using C++ or Python.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar (graduate or final-year student)
- A love for software, with good knowledge of C++ or Python languages
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team, to communicate effectively with a range of people, to work to tight deadlines in a logical manner and with attention to detail and self-motivated
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Good level of English (written and oral)
Any of the following would be beneficial to your application:
- Experience using Git
- Knowledge of containerisation using Docker
- Interest in Space industry
Location: remote during Covid-19, later in Barcelona (Barcelona Activa – Parc Tecnològic)
Please send your CV and a cover letter via email to Gorka.Moyano@isardSAT.cat and Ester.Vendrell@isardSAT.cat, CC info@isardSAT.cat, quoting the job title.