isardSAT Group (also known as isardSAT) is a group of R&D SMEs providing, since 2006, engineering and scientific remote sensing answers to its clients with special attention to altimetry and passive microwave missions. isardSAT Group is composed of isardSAT, S.L., Barcelona headquarters and a fully owned subsidiary, isardSAT Ltd., in Guildford.
isardSAT is involved in the design, calibration, and maintenance of civil remote sensing instruments, ranging from the development of algorithms for data processing to calibration after launch and maintenance of the instrument’s hardware until decommissioning, and is continuously improving its processing software well after that decommissioning phase.
While isardSAT’s core expertise is the development of ground processing algorithms to process microwave instruments data, it also performs studies for scientific applications with the data obtained by Earth Observation instruments, such as for hydrological applications.
isardSAT has a wide experience successfully managing complex technical projects lasting several years as can be inferred from the increasing number of ESA-awarded projects since the company creation.
We are looking for a R&D Engineer for our Radiometry team. The successful candidate will participate and support projects in the Earth Observation field, mainly microwave radiometry. Tasks include:
- Developing scientific algorithms in the fields of microwave radiometry remote sensing and image processing;
- Prototyping, implementing, and testing of processing chains and generation of value-added products;
- Processing and analysis of data;
- Writing technical documents, project reports, and scientific journal papers
isardSAT designs and develops algorithms related to oceanography, hydrology and cryosphere applications using radiometry and other microwave instruments such as SAR Altimetry or SAR images. The candidate will be involved in the development and verification of ground processors for current and new radiometry missions.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering studies, Mathematics, Physics, or similar
- Very good knowledge of Signal Processing
- Very good knowledge of Python and/or MatLab
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Interest in Earth Observation and Space Industry
- Specific experience in radiometry is considered an asset
- The knowledge of one compiled programming language such as Fortran, C, or C++ would be an asset
The following personal skills are required:
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team, to communicate effectively with a range of people, to work to tight deadlines in a logical manner and with attention to detail
Please send your CV and cover letter until 31 May 2022.