We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Space & Technology team.
The role of the successful candidate will be to review and integrate code developed by team developers, but also to develop software within our projects with the European Space Agency, which include the development of ground processing chains in the field of Earth Observation, typically under Linux operating systems. These are most frequently developed using C++ or Python.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- A minimum of 3 year experience in professional software development
- A love for software, with good knowledge of C++ or Python languages
- Good knowledge of Linux environment
- Good knowledge of Git (and GitHub, or similar)
- Knowledge of containerisation using Docker
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team, to communicate effectively with a range of people, to work to tight deadlines in a logical manner and with attention to detail and self-motivated
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Good level of English (written and oral)
Any of the following would be beneficial to your application:
- GPU processing
- Fortran language
- Interest in Space industry
isardSAT Group (also known as isardSAT) is a group of R&D SMEs providing, since 2006, engineering and scientific remote sensing answers to its clients with special attention to altimetry and passive microwave missions. isardSAT Group is composed of isardSAT, S.L., Barcelona headquarters and a fully owned subsidiary, isardSAT Ltd., in Guildford.
isardSAT has a wide experience successfully managing complex technical projects lasting several years as can be inferred from the increasing number of ESA-awarded projects since the company creation.
Location: Barcelona (currently at Barcelona Activa – Parc Tecnològic, moving to Poble Nou soon)
Please send your CV and a cover letter via email to Gorka.Moyano@isardSAT.cat and Ester.Vendrell@isardSAT.cat, CC info@isardSAT.cat, quoting the job title.